Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Office found because of Grace's love for Tim

I was giving a massage a couple of days ago and was asked how I found my new digs. I have to tell you, I LOVE my new space. It's me, it reflects more of who I am and how I operate. Mark was great to share his space with me, but our personalities in space were opposite. He looked at empty counter space and thought something like: zen: peaceful. I looked at empty counter space and thought, hmmm, what would look good on this? So being back with all my STUFF makes me happy, content, and busy.

But when I thought back through the process of how I found my new space, I realized it was because of Gracie's love for Tim. You see, Tim came to Asheville to teach in the new massage program here at AB Tech, and the game plan was that he and Grace would sell their house and within a year she would move up here. And then there was the house market slump... so the house never sold. The year became a year and a half, and Tim realized how his absence was affecting the one he loves, and the choice I think was ultimately easy, not to mention inevitable. He chose to go back to live full time with Gracie and gave up his job here at AB Tech.

When Tim left (after giving a month's notice), Marek and I took over teaching Tim's classes to finish out the semester as our schedules allowed. However, due to this change I knew I needed to refer one of my regular clients to another massage therapist because I could no longer accommodate her schedule. When I called around, one therapist told me that she was in the process of moving to this great new place, which was actually a rather old building, and the rent was the best she had seen. I kept this in mind, and when I was ready to move, I checked it out, and the rest is herstory.

It's amazing to me how the threads of our lives intermingle. Tugging on one thread brings another downstage, front and center. We never know when our actions will have an effect on someone else, or what those effects will be. Some are easier to see than others, "if I left sooner/later I would not have been in this accident", "if I had not married I would not have my daughter". The others are more subtle and take thought to backtrack through. Look at the Iraq war. I can see back to the Russian/Afghanistan war, but it probably goes father than that. All this to say that I read a great quote earlier this morning. It's from the Male Herbal by James Green. He says, "We live what we think." So let's think good thoughts, great thoughts, hard and challenging thoughts, thoughts that bring us together to solve our global and local problems. Instead of saying, "This won't work because..." we need to be saying, "how can we make this work?" And lets see how our threads fall. After all, it was love that got me my new office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dressing area

Dressing area
My new Space!